The Den Hartog Stork

Meeting Baby Den Hartog.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Geek Baby/Geek Mommy/Kaz Movie

Mitch, who reads blogs, found this link about a new movie about Kaz nomads and history and action.

It sounds great, and the description of the blogger's epic to buy tickets is a perfect hoot. For those of us snapping away, I was glad to see:Plus you find out who all the streets are named after, and who all the people on the statues are. Maybe there will be one less mystery photo in our collection. Maybe :)

The blogsite also gave more Kaz history than I've found in months of trawling. So obviously I printed it out.

Last night, I brought up weather underground to see the weather on Aigerim's birth day . The high on January 24, 2006 in Karaganda was -4F. Someone took care of her. The low was -38F. I thought I was hardy, the day I graduated from college it was -27F ambient (i.e. not counting wind chill. The wind chill numbers sound like science fiction.) Maybe I am "hardy for an American". I think my brother in Minnesota only broke that record in the past few years. Of course, he has also enjoyed shoveling snow off the roof of his house, but that is another story. So basically Nugget was born in more extreme cold than I've ever been in, and for spending 30 years in the Great Plains of the US, that's saying a bit.

Ya know, if we had on three layers of clothes and a hat when the temperature was 40F, what on earth do they look like when the temperature drops another 60 degrees?

And how can you tell what the kid herself looks like? Wow.

So of course I printed out the weather information and stuffed it into the baby book (which is currently a baby box, but at least it exists). And the weather for the rest of the winter. Ew.

I swear my Mom didn't print out web sites for my baby book. I guess we're in a new era.

I am still very geek-validated that someone "googled for the baby's blog". My credentials are bombproof.

At least until technology changes in six months.

My baby has a blog.

I am so proud.

Saturday night, I went out with some friends and the "practice baby", Jack. Jack was amazing, as usual. He put down a whole container of pears and part of the paper table covering. I adore that kid. He was very nice about complimenting me on the new noises I've learned. Then he had a sympathy blowout for my health condition. Told you he is a nice guy. (Hmm, I suppose there is some etiquette about blogging yer friends' kids information on the internet...)

I told his parents Kris and Tari about the iPod-ready stroller I'd seen that day. They were speechless. It's even more appalling because it wasn't at someplace you'd expect like Sharper Image or SnootyBabies.com (may not exist, but should) : it was at plain old Sears.

We're waiting for wireless for our stroller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home