The Den Hartog Stork

Meeting Baby Den Hartog.

Monday, September 18, 2006

well

I don't know how it went. Some of the questions were easy to answer (does anyone in your family need body parts) and some should have been expected (how does your family feel about the child's Asian appearance) and some would have required a team of accountants to answer (how much did you pay and to whom for this adoption).

The folks were quite nice in general. There was a young man, a woman and then behind the boss-desk was someone high up in the Ministry. He asked the hardest questions. Then, as we were done, he spoke and Olga translated:
"He says that you are skinny for an American"

I turned to look at him, and sure enough, he was grinning, had his hands spread wide to indicate size and he repeated, "Amerikanska".

I really don't know how it went.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Din Sinclair said…

    Carolyn Sinclair here. I was reading Laura Horowitz's comment and realized I have photos of your daughter! (Laura and I were there at the same time). In fact, I think she's in a photo that's on our blog! sinclairstudios.com/adopt. It's titled "tristan in the middle" I THINK she's on the left? Email me at: carolyn@sinclairstudios.com and let me know your email address so I can send them to you. I'm also dying to know if another little girl was chosen yet. She's in the photo I'll be sending you. Paka!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home