The Den Hartog Stork

Meeting Baby Den Hartog.

Monday, September 11, 2006

What's in a Name?

Oh yes, and as an aside in the hallway on the way out of the baby house yesterday afternoon, Olga brought me some papers to sign: the petition to the court for me to adopt Aigerim Norlanova. I also had to sign swearing that I was in sound health physically and mentally. You may withhold your comments on that until after court, thank you :)

One more paper. You saw her name on the crib plate, last name first, in Cyrillic. Norlanova is her birth family name, Aigerim the name given to her.

The papers, in Russian, also included the petition to change her name legally: to Marie Aigerim Den Hartog.

You bet I signed that too.

One of the families, Ron and Nancy and daughter Adriannna, go to court today to become legally bound together. Our day will come!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Geoffrey Horowitz said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Geoffrey Horowitz said…

    Hi Bobi--
    My name is Laura Horowitz--one of the families that adopted our son over the summer. We went through Reaching Out, had the team of Larissa, Olga, Vladmir, etc. I've LOVED reading your blog. Congratulations!!! I think that we may have met Marie Aigerim when we were there in May...she was a very tiny, very cute baby that was as happy as can be--back then. Anyway, if you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Enjoy!!! It's an amazing experience!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home